Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad

Every since I cut this recipe out of  "Cooking Light" magazine
have been looking weekly for a small Eggplant.
They are always so big and need the size for just me.

In Nashville the other morning picking up my little girls
and always stop at the Mennonite produce stand.
There it was, just my size, along with fresh tomatoes, peaches,
yellow squash and green beans - I made my purchase.

On hand, olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, fresh mozzarella cheese
and loads of fresh Basil - which I will cut in ribbons.

So this sounds so good and reminds me of an eggplant sandwich enjoyed when my
son was visiting.

I will broil peeled and sliced eggplant in oven (for 10 minutes)  since I returned the grill I thought of  purchasing.
Then will put eggplant, tomatoes, cheese in dish and cover with the olive oil, small amount of
balsamic vinegar, sea salt and cover with my fresh Basil.

Along with the rotisserie chicken purchased yesterday
this sounds like a winner to me for my Sunday meal.

5 comments:

Beverly said...

It looks delicious!!! I love tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese, so I know it will be good!!!

Balisha said...

I love this combination. Your picture is mouth watering.
You mentioned computer problems this morning...what is the problem? Maybe someone can help.

Wisewebwoman said...

I so love catching up with you and your doings.

so lovely your granddaughters came and helped you out :)

I love your tin: I thought it would be great to have a tin that said : Keep Calm and Curry On" for us curry lovers.

XO
WWW

Terra said...

This sounds delicious, we love eggplant at our house. I like your tin that says Keep Calm and Curry On.

Terra said...

Ha ha on me, I thought the tin said Carry on, then read a comment where it said Curry on, either one is appealing.