Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Another Day

Always a sink, drainer full of dishes and this is the last except to clean stove.    Do a lot of cooking even for one.
Like my food best and of the mindset it is healthier.
All of my family eat out often
but not mom.

Day started with 2 loads of wash, baked banana bread, 30 minutes on mat and then breakfast.
Hung bird feeders back out in back along with hummingbird feeder that squirrel have been
attacking in the early evening.  Might have to continue taking them down and placing on screen porch, do not like doing this, but like looking out the windows at my bird feeders.
A hot 93 outside and wanted something different.  Fresh ice tea made and was out of orange/pineapple juice that I like to add - just made it plain with lemon.   Cooked some mixed beans with a little chopped
onion and ham that was in the freezer.  Green pea salad, had not made in a long time.  Drained
Lesuer peas, chopped hard boiled egg, chopped red onion and celery, mixed with a little Hellman's
mayo.  Something I tasted a long time ago and attempted - celery stuffed with chopped olives and
cream cheese.  Then cooked a vegetarian burger covered with blue cheese,  red onion,
sliced tomato and my lettuce and was pretty tasty on thin sliced wheat bread that I toasted slightly.
My special friend who picks up the N.Y. Time (and only half arrived/I called and complained Sunday morning ) came by and brought me a slice of her Chess pie - so good.

So
now fans are whirling and blinds are shut and I am through for the day....
Do not notice the continual pain as much when I stay busy but when I stop and at night so aware of it.
If I sat a lot - could not stand it.....
Not to the place of taking pain medicine - like suggested.
Blood work done yesterday and takes about 5 days to get results with my insurance
unless I go to ER.  

Just checked AOL
and it shared if October was your birth month
you are at risk for so much.
Thank you...
because I was born in October.
The best month to be born is May...


11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I am happy to take pain meds.

Wisewebwoman said...

You'll hate me, I live alone and had to have a dishwasher. Bliss. You eat a lot healthier than I do. I must take pages from your book :)

XO
WWW

lil red hen said...

It's good that you fix such healthy meals for yourself; if I were alone I'd probably not eat very well since I don't like to cook much. I'm extremely blessed; I take no medications except an Aleve now and then. Too stubborn to go to a doctor ~ lol

Unknown said...

First time commenting here!
I so love reading your blog and how you make the effort to eat healthy.
Day before yesterday I read your post about quiche and I made it . It was very tasty and my children loved it.
Do post more of your trusted recipes and we benefit immensely.
Thanks again,

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, I have a dishwasher, but it was full :)
Charlotte, I love to cook, wish I could sew like you..
Unknown, please visit again.
A/C, I am stubborn when it comes to any kind of medication..

Tabor said...

You sound like you are in a good place right now. The food you cook is heavenly and I wish I was more creative for my husband and I. Although we are eating lots of salads from the garden right now.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, wishing for a better place but do not think it is going to happen
at this stage of life. But I have so many blessings. I add lettuce and herbs from garden to a lot of things. Not much here at this time - just in pots...

thewiildmagnola said...

You are keeping on and that is what we must do. Good job!

"These are the days that must happen to you."......And me......

Song of the Open Road
BY WALT WHITMAN

Lonely Rivers said...

I am trying again to comment but Google has been preventing.

Lonely Rivers said...

Oh it worked! I still come by regularly, but for some reason I haven't been able to get my comments published. You are my morning meditation on the mindful life.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh Sandy, so good to hear from you
have worried about you, did not know how to contact you
and seemed you disappeared :( Please Email me...
Lonely Rivers, means so much to have to comment...